What is the difference between Ask a doubt and 1:1 Live Mentorship Doubt Solving?
1. In 1:1 Live Mentorship, you will be able to pre-book slots to connect with Mentors live for an audio interaction and get help in clearing doubt and discussing exam strategy. Whereas, in Ask a doubt, you can submit specific questions to get a pre-recorded video solution created by our Mentors.
2. 1:1 Live Mentorship is available for ICONIC users only, while Ask a doubt is available for everyone.
3. 1:1 Live Mentorship feature can be used for doubt solving and exam strategy discussions, while Ask a doubt can only be used for doubt solving.
Where can I join a 1:1 Live Mentorship session?
You can join a 1:1 Live Mentorship session using the Unacademy Learner App for Android devices and the Unacademy Webpage. Unfortunately, this feature is not available on the iOS platform yet.
Note - Ensure that your device time is set to GMT +5:30 or IST as any other setting may interfere with your session and may even prevent you from logging in.
I am an iOS user. How do I join the 1:1 Live Mentorship session?
What is the difference between Clear a Doubt and Discuss Exam Strategy?
1. Clear a Doubt: Get your questions and doubts cleared instantly.
2. Discuss Exam Strategy: Discuss your exam preparation strategy and get the expert’s help in overcoming any challenges that you are facing/might face.
Is there a separate session time limit for Doubts and Strategy?
There’s no difference between the time limits for Doubts and Strategy. Your session balance will be able to cover all of them.
There are three types of session durations you can choose from (which will consume a different number of sessions):
- An 8 minutes session duration with 2 minutes grace time - this type of session selection will consume 1 session.
- An 18 minutes session duration with 2 minutes grace time - this type of session selection will consume 2 sessions.
- A 28 minutes session duration with 2 minutes grace time - this type of session selection will consume 3 sessions.
How many sessions will I get?
In our Early Access Program, the sessions will be credited on a prorated basis as per the no. of days left from the day of the launch of the Early Access Program till the end of your subscription.
Note: The corresponding 1:1 Live Mentorship Program session credits will lapse along with the expiry of the main subscription and any unused credits will not be carried forward to bonus subscriptions, renewed subscriptions or extended subscriptions.
What happens to unused 1:1 Live Mentorship sessions at the end of the subscription period?
The 1:1 Live Mentorship session credits gained after purchasing the ICONIC subscription are only valid till the duration of your subscription. Any unused session credits from previous subscriptions will expire with the expiry of your subscription.
Until what duration can I see my Mentor’s availability?
You can check your Mentor’s availability for the next 7 days. However, you will need to update your app to view the same as this feature is only available on the latest version of our app.
How many hours/days in advance can I book a session?
You can book your 1:1 Live Mentorship sessions from anywhere between 60 minutes to 7 days in advance on the Unacademy app for Android, or up to 2 days in advance on the website.
Where can I check the session balance?
On your 1:1 Live Mentorship home, your session balance is highlighted.
How many sessions can I book at a time?
You can book multiple sessions (any type) at a time as per your requirement.
Can 1:1 Live Mentorship Program sessions be booked on Sundays as well?
What is an Ice Breaking/Welcome Session?
It is a session for all new Iconic Learners, auto-booked by Unacademy, for them to connect with, and learn about their Mentor, for the first time. Learners can reschedule this session, but no refunds will be processed in case of cancellations or no-shows.
Who are the Mentors?
Mentors are former/current students who have prepared for the UPSC exam or have already cracked it.
What do I do If my mentor is not available during my preferable time and I get a ‘no slots available’ error on my screen?
We are sorry to hear this! You can still book a session for 1:1 Live Mentorship, and you’ll be assigned a different Mentor who will be available at that time.
The Mentor is not available for re-booking. What should I do?
A Mentor of your choice might be unavailable. Please check again later, or try booking a session with a new Mentor.
When will a Mentor be assigned for a session?
You will get to see the assigned Mentor 30 mins before the start of the session.
How do I book a session?
Watch this video to understand how to book 1:1 Live Mentorship sessions.
How do I join my scheduled 1:1 Live session?
Please follow the steps mentioned below to join a scheduled session:
1. Navigate to your 1:1 Live Mentorship homepage or the PLANNER tab.
2. Locate Live Session.
3. Tap on it to join the scheduled session.
How can I cancel my session?
Please follow the steps mentioned below to cancel your session:
1. Go to your 1:1 Live Mentorship homepage.
2. Navigate to the Scheduled session that you want to cancel.
3. On clicking it, you will be able to see the Cancel Session pop-up.
If you are facing any issues, please reach out to Unacademy Learner Support via the Unacademy app or website.
Whom and how to reach out if I face an issue during a 1:1 Live Mentorship session?
Please reach out to Unacademy Learner Support via the app or website with more details about your issue, and we will help you resolve them at the earliest.
The Mentor hasn't joined the session even after 2 minutes from the scheduled time. What should I do?
We are very sorry that the Mentor didn’t join the scheduled session. This is not the kind of experience we want you to have. Do not worry, the session will be refunded back to your account. If you wish to speak with another Mentor, please book a new session.
The time was not sufficient for my discussion. Can I re-book a session?
We’re sorry you feel that way! However, you can always re-book a session with the same Mentor by following the steps mentioned below:
1. Go to the 1:1 Live Mentorship homepage.
2. Navigate to the Book again option.
3. Click on it and re-book the Mentor you wish to speak with again.
I wasn't satisfied with the response of the Mentor during the session. What’s next?
We’re sorry to hear that you weren’t satisfied with your discussion with the Mentor. We would love to hear from you about what wasn’t up to the mark. Please ensure to register your feedback; it will help us improve your learning experience.
Can I extend my time during a session with the same Mentor?
You are awarded 2 grace minutes to wrap up the conversation. Unfortunately, you cannot extend the duration of the session further after the grace period is over.
I want a refund for my session. Whom do I reach out to?
Please reach out to Unacademy Learner Support via the app or website with your session details. In case of any cancellations by Unacademy or a Mentor No-Show, the session will be automatically refunded to your account.